The Pelikan’s Perch turns 4 years old today! No longer a toddler, part of me still cannot believe that the site is going strong and continuing to grow year after year. I can only attribute that fact to my love of the brand, the great products Pelikan puts out, and the support of all of you, without which none of this would be possible. My blog was born from a desire to share the knowledge and perspective that I had gained in researching my favorite fountain pens. I wanted to give back to the community that empowered me in my quest and fostered my love for fine writing. All I can do is say thank you. Thank you for reading, for sharing my work, for interacting and contributing to the conversation, and for four great years. To celebrate this anniversary, I have decided to host the first ever contest to grace The Pelikan’s Perch. In trying to decide just what type of prize to offer, I reflected back on my own collection. In doing so I realized that the Pelikan P16 Stola III fountain pen would be well suited for the task at hand and entering for your chance to win one couldn’t be easier. Read on to learn about all of the details.
UPDATE 9/16/18: The contest has come to an end and I thank you all for your words of support and participation. My decision was not an easy one with so many great entries to choose from. Without further ado, I’m happy to announce that Robbin A. takes home the prize. The Stola III will soon be dispatched bringing this contest to its conclusion. Given it’s success, I can certainly see another one in The Perch’s future. Until then, keep reading to stay up to date on all things Pelikan.
The P16 Pelikan Stola III is an awesome cartridge/converter fountain pen. It received a very favorable score of 53/60 or 88% in this site’s review back in October 2017. You can find out more about this model as well as the full details of that review here. Pelikan’s own sales literature states;
“All Stola III fountain pens feature a delicate and elegantly curved Pelikan stainless steel clip enhanced further with a brass barrel covered with a multilayered silver lacquer coating. This special surface finish not only shines, but has a shimmering depth to it as well – a range with a sophisticated radiance. It is a stylish gift that perfectly underscores that special occasion. The Pelikan Stola III series has been created as a modern and new stylized writing instrument series, the perfect image accessory, at an affordable price.”
Here is how to enter;
1. Click to subscribe to this site via e-mail. You can use the link below, click the button at the bottom right hand corner of the page, or sign up via the widget in the side bar to the right. Don’t worry, The Perch never spams you. If you are already following the blog, you can skip directly to step 2.
2. Leave a comment below letting me know either what you like about Pelikan, what you’ve learned from my site, and/or what topics you would like to see me address in the future.
It’s as simple as that. The contest will run from September 1st though 14th and be governed by the rules set forth below. Everyone 18 or older is welcome to participate (except residents of Quebec, Canada and where prohibited by law). By subscribing to the site, you may choose to be alerted to new posts which will ensure you are up to date with all of the latest Pelikan news and events as well as be informed of any new post featuring insights into some of the more esoteric aspects of the brand. It may be my anniversary but the gift is for you as a token of my appreciation. Make sure to spread the word about this contest before the deadline to any lovers of fine writing within your sphere of influence.
Contest Terms & Conditions
- The contest will run from the time of announcement on Saturday, September 1st, 2018 until midnight eastern standard time (23:59 EST) on Friday, September 14th, 2018. The winner will be notified via e-mail within 72 hours of the close of the contest. They will then have 72 hours to respond before they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner is chosen.
- One winner will be chosen to receive a Pelikan P16 Stola III fountain pen with a medium nib. The pen is brand new and will come in a silver gift box. This particular model has a U.S. MSRP of $45. The prize is not transferable to another person.
- The contest is open to people worldwide (excluding residents of Quebec, Canada and in countries where such a contest is prohibited by law) to persons aged 18 or over. Only one entry per person. Myself, my family, or anyone else directly associated with The Pelikan’s Perch are excluded from consideration.
- To take part in the contest, first click to subscribe to this site via e-mail. You can use the link above, click the button at the bottom right hand corner of the page, or sign up via the widget in the side bar to the right. If you are already subscribed, you can skip to the next step. Once subscribed, just leave a comment below letting me know either what you like about Pelikan, what you’ve learned from my site, and/or what topics you would like to see me address in the future. Both tasks must be completed for an entry to be considered valid. All comments are subject to review and approval before becoming valid entries.
- The winner will have submitted a valid entry and be selected by me based on the response provided below. The judge’s decision is final.
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Slack, Pinterest, Reddit, and Google+ are in no way associated with this contest. There is no sponsorship for this contest. The pen was purchased by The Pelikan’s Perch for the sole purpose of this contest. By providing your information in this form, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information and will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the winner.
- The prize will be mailed to the winner via the United States Postal Service within 7 days of the winner’s response which must include a valid shipping address.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary.
- The Pelikan’s Perch reserves the right to publish the winner’s name to this blog. Neither the blog nor its administrator can be held liable for lost/delayed e-mail, typographical errors, or technical failures.