Terms and conditions for The Pelikan’s Perch
The terms ‘The Pelikan’s Perch’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘my’ or ‘I’ refers to the owner of the blog, Joshua E. Danley. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of this website.
The use of this blog is subject to the following terms:
- The contents of the pages of this blog are for your general information and use only. They are subject to change without notice.
- Neither I nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and I expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk. I will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to me. This material includes, but is not limited to, the original printed content of individual posts as well as the included original graphics/photographs. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this blog which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the blog.
- Unauthorized use of this blog may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this blog may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that I endorse the website(s). I have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use is subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States of America.
Moderation of comments
In the comments section included with each post, I want to act as a good host. I invite you to comment and would like to encourage lively discussion, as long as it does not disturb the other guests. I retain the right and discretion to terminate your access to the comments areas if I believe that you are abusing the service in any way, or have breached these terms and conditions. Posts with the following content will likely be moderated:
- Words that are or can reasonably be perceived as derogatory, obscene, offensive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent, or otherwise illegal;
- Strong and personal attacks on other participants in the comments;
- Opinions/statements that essentially have nothing to do with the contents of the article/post;
- Any attempts at advertising, promoting or soliciting any goods or services, or otherwise engaging in trade or commerce.
I reserve the right to modify or remove any comments deemed inappropriate or not in compliance with these terms and conditions.
If you think that a comment that has been posted is offensive, unsuitable or has in some other way breached these terms and conditions, please email me at email@example.com with a link to the comment and your reasons for objecting to it. I will consider whether there are grounds for editing or removing the comment and take appropriate action, but you won’t necessarily be contacted as to my decision.
The views which are expressed in the comments areas by parties other than myself are not my views and I accept no liability in respect to any of the material posted in the comments areas, nor am I responsible for its content and accuracy.
© Copyright Joshua E. Danley and The Pelikan’s Perch, 2014-2021
All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Joshua E. Danley and The Pelikan’s Perch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Please use the Contact Form for all other requests.
I am not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other websites or media without my permission.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European Union (EU) law that took effect on May 25, 2018. The goal of the GDPR is to give EU citizens control over their personal data. If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the GDPR (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the UK.), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that the WordPress platform offers. If you are unable to do that or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, please use the Contact Form to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a data privacy law that applies to certain businesses which collect personal information from California residents. The new law went into effect on January 1, 2020. The goal of the CCPA is to give California residents control over their personal data, much like the GDPR does for EU citizens. According to the law, The Pelikan’s Perch does not meet the requirements and is therefore not required to comply. That said, this site and WordPress.com strive to be GDPR and CCPA compliant. You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that the WordPress platform offers should you so desire.
- January 1, 2021: Copyright notice updated.
- January 4, 2020: Copyright notice updated. Added the section “California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).”
- December 31, 2018: Copyright notice updated.
- December 31, 2017: Copyright notice updated.
- July 27, 2017: Initial publication of these Terms & Conditions.