Today marks the fifth anniversary of The Pelikan’s Perch going live. The last five years have been an incredible experience for me. When I originally started on this path, I never expected that it would lead me to so many engaged and wonderful people. I have thoroughly enjoyed researching each post and continually strive to build upon the existing foundation of Pelikan knowledge. For me, it is truly a labor of love and I hope that you have enjoyed it as much as I have. While much has changed in the world over the past five years, the mission of The Perch has not and I hope to continue to share my knowledge and perspective with you for many years to come. The Perch does not accept solicitation nor is it gifted products for review. In doing so, I have tried to remain free of bias so that I might bring you the most critical and honest reviews possible. That is why you don’t see too many giveaways on the site. One year ago was my first attempt at a contest where I gave away a new Pelikan P16 Stola III fountain pen. That giveaway was well received, so much so that I would like to repeat it in honor of The Perch’s fifth birthday and as a thank you to the community. For my second contest ever, I spent a lot of time pondering over just what might be a worthwhile prize. Thanks to the good people at Fritz Schimpf, I have been afforded the opportunity to give away a Pelikan 2019 Star Ruby M205 Demonstrator fountain pen and ink gift set, a pen certain to be on the wish list of many. Read on to learn how you might enter for a chance to win.
UPDATE 9/18/19: The contest has come to an end and I once again thank you all for your kind words as well as your participation in my little giveaway. I’m overwhelmed by your support and thank you for the engagement that keeps me motivated to continue this endeavor. There were over 200 entries this year making my decision quite a challenge. I’m very happy to announce that Jenn Dee was selected as this year’s prize winner. The M205 Star Ruby fountain pen and ink gift set is sure to add some jazz to her flock. I’m not sure what next year will bring but keep an eye on The Perch for all of your Pelikan news. Based on the success of this year’s effort, I anticipate another contest in The Perch’s future. Until then, keep writing and enjoy your flock, big or small.
Pelikan’s M205 Star Ruby promises to be an exciting release. Due out later this month, this burgundy-pink demonstrator is distinguished by a sparkling finish, something not previously seen in this series. I figured such a unique model would make a fitting prize for this contest. It is a piston filled fountain pen that should be a great writer based on my experience with its predecessors. You can find out more about this model here. Pelikan’s own sales literature states;
“This year again, Pelikan will offer a series of writing instruments matching the color of the latest Edelstein® Ink of The Year 2019 Star Ruby. This beautiful new color, in burgundy-pink, is inspired by the gemstone “star ruby”. The new matching color writing instruments are made with a special crystal effect which makes each pen glisten and sparkle in the light. All pens are unique and now with this new glittering effect provide a special and brilliant look. Pens are offered in shiny silver trim and feature the classic Pelikan beak clip. The highly polished stainless steel nib perfectly complements and adds to the appeal of each writing instrument.”
Here is how to enter;
1. Click to subscribe to this site via e-mail. You can use the link below, click the button at the bottom right hand corner of the page, or sign up via the widget in the side bar to the right. Don’t worry, The Perch never spams you. If you are already following the blog, you can skip directly to step 2.
2. Leave a comment below. This year, I would like to hear about what you have taken away from reading The Perch, what tidbits of info have stuck or had an impact with you, and/or what topic were you most fascinated by? If you’re new to the site, what interests you about Pelikan pens and what would you like to learn? Also, let me know why you would like to add the M205 Star Ruby to your flock and what winning such a pen would mean to you. Leaving a comment below will earn you one entry into the contest.
3. As a bonus this year, I will allow one additional entry via the social media platforms of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Pick whichever one you prefer. All you have to do is post a picture of your flock with the hashtag #GrowMyFlock and caption it by telling me why this particular Star Ruby set should come home to roost with you. If you don’t already have a few Pelikans in the nest, that’s OK. Show me what you do have and tell me why you’re interested in trying a Pelikan. While you’re at it, please consider following my feed/liking my page. Please make sure you’ve also left a comment below and not just on social media.
That’s all there is to it this year. I’ve tried to keep it pretty straight forward and fun. The contest will run from September 1st though the 14th and be governed by the rules set forth below. Everyone 18 or older is welcome to participate (except residents of Quebec, Canada and where prohibited by law). By subscribing to the site, you may choose to be alerted to new posts which will ensure you are up to date with all of the latest Pelikan news, events, and my own extensively researched articles. It’s The Perch’s birthday but the gift is once again for you. Please make sure to spread the word about this contest before the deadline so that all lovers of the Pelikan brand and/or fine writing instruments in general can get in on the fun.
Contest Terms & Conditions
- The contest will run from the time of announcement on Sunday, September 1st, 2019 until midnight eastern standard time (23:59 EST) on Saturday, September 14th, 2019. The winner will be notified via e-mail within 72 hours of the close of the contest. They will then have 72 hours to respond before they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner is chosen.
- One winner will be chosen to receive a Pelikan M205 Star Ruby fountain pen and ink gift set. The pen and ink combo are brand new. This particular pen and ink set has a U.S. MSRP of $235. The prize is not transferable to another person.
- The contest is open to people worldwide (excluding residents of Quebec, Canada and in countries where such a contest is prohibited by law) to persons age 18 or older. Up to two entries are allowed per person in accordance with the instructions outlined above and below. Myself, my family, or anyone else directly associated with The Pelikan’s Perch are excluded from consideration.
- To take part in the contest, first click to subscribe to this site via e-mail. You can use the link above, click the button at the bottom right hand corner of the page, or sign up via the widget in the side bar to the right. If you are already subscribed, you can skip to the next step. Once subscribed, just leave a comment below letting me know what you have taken away from reading The Perch, what tidbits of info have stuck or had an impact with you, and/or what topic you were most fascinated by? If you’re new to the site, what interests you about Pelikan pens and what would you like to learn? Also, let me know why you would like to add the Star Ruby to your flock and what winning such a pen would mean to you. Both tasks must be completed for an entry to be considered valid. All comments are subject to review and approval before becoming valid entries. In rare instances, a genuine comment may inadvertently be flagged as spam by Akismet and may not be available for consideration though every reasonable effort will be made to prevent that occurrence.
- A single extra entry via the social media platforms of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram will be available this year. Pick whichever site you prefer. To gain an additional entry, post a picture of your flock with the hashtag #GrowMyFlock and caption it by telling me just why this particular Star Ruby set should come home to roost with you. This is not a substitute for subscribing to the site and commenting on this page. Any social media entries not following steps 1 and 2 above will not be considered.
- The winner will have submitted a valid entry or entries and be selected by me based on the response provided below and/or via social media. The judge’s decision is final.
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Slack, Pinterest, and Reddit are in no way associated with this contest. There is no sponsorship for this contest. The pen was purchased by The Pelikan’s Perch from Fritz Schimpf for the sole purpose of this contest. By providing your information in this form, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information and will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the winner.
- The prize will be mailed to the winner via the United States Postal Service. I will ship the pen within 7 days of me receiving the package from Fritz Schimpf in Germany. It takes an average of two weeks from the date of release for me to receive overseas items but can take up to four weeks depending upon U.S. customs. I appreciate your patience. The winner’s response to my notification e-mail must include a valid shipping address.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary.
- Persons may only win one prize from this site within a 12 month period.
- The Pelikan’s Perch reserves the right to publish the winner’s name to this blog. Neither the blog nor its administrator can be held liable for lost/delayed e-mail, typographical errors, or technical failures.